top of page

Equisure Insurance FAQ's


Any insurance policy purchased with Equisure through the LEC expires on Dec 31st of the year purchased.

For any additional questions please contact Equisure, Inc.  

Equisure, Inc. 13790 E Rice Place, Aurora, CO 80015 800-752-2472 303-614-6961 Nov. 2018

The Louisiana Equine Council is proud to offer Equine Insurance Coverage to our members through Equisure.



Q When does my equine personal excess liability insurance start and end? 

The coverage starts when your membership is approved and the premium is paid to Equisure.   

A  Coverage ends 12:01 am on December 31st of every calendar year.  

Q If my membership starts in June, when will my insurance coverage start?  

A   Your coverage will start the month and day you purchase your membership. For example, you will have coverage for approximately 7 months if you joined in June and coverage for 12 months if you joined in  January. In both cases the coverage will end 12:01 am on December 31st. 

Q How can I get a copy of the Master Policy?  

A  Contact Equisure directly with proof of your membership and request a copy of the Master Policy or email a request to Please reference your membership affiliation, your full name, and the date you joined your club. The Master Policy may not be posted on your association/club website or reproduced without prior written consent from the management of  Equisure. 

Q Do members get anything showing proof of coverage?  

A  Yes. Your club/association will be provided with certificates of Insurance (a brief summary of  coverages, conditions and exclusions) these may be distributed only to members. Like the Master Policy, the Certificate of Insurance may not to be posted on websites or reproduced in any fashion  without written consent from Equisure. 

Q  How would this insurance apply if I have homeowners insurance?  

A  This policy is excess over any other valid and collectible underlying insurance. If you have underlying insurance, such as homeowners/farm insurance, the equine excess liability policy is excess over any other insurance. If you have no other underlying insurance this policy could become primary.


Q I am a trainer and run a horse breeding operation, does this insurance provide coverage for my  business?  

A  No. Coverage for equestrian businesses and business related activities are excluded from the equine personal excess policy. Please contact Equisure for more information or to purchase Professional  and/or General Liability insurance for your equine training activity and/or any other equine  business operation. 

Q If my horse is boarded away from my residence, would this policy provide coverage? 

A Coverage could apply, on an excess basis, any other insurance is primary. This policy could provide coverage for equine related incidences away from your residence for which you are personally liable or negligent.

Q  If I lend my horse to someone to ride, how could coverage apply? 

A  This policy would be excess but provides coverage for bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party for an equine related incident caused by a horse you own for which you are held legally liable.


Q Is my horse covered if it dies?  

A No. This policy does not provide animal mortality coverage for horses you own. Equine Mortality/Major Medical Insurance can be purchased by calling Equisure (800-752-2472) or  request an internet quote at

Q How are insureds defined?  

A  Family Membership: includes “you”, your resident spouse and your children under 18 years of age.  The each occurrence limit is the most we will pay for the sum of damages claimed against you, your  resident spouse and your resident children under 18 years of age.  

Individual Membership: The Each Occurrence Limit is the most we will pay for the sum of damages claimed against you (the member) arising out of one occurrence.  For any claim to be considered, the member(s) must have a valid membership and be in good  standing with the affiliate association/club of Association Resource Group. The General Aggregate    

limit is the most we will pay for the sum of all damages claimed. 

Q If I fall off my horse and broke my arm, would this policy provide coverage? 

A No, not under the Personal Excess Policy. This is not a medical insurance policy. You would need to have your own health or accident insurance. 

Q What limits are provided by this policy?  

A  The limits provided under this policy per household and are shared by all member of the same residence: $1,000,000 per occurrence limit ~ $1,000,000 aggregate limit 

Q  Can I increase the limits provided by this policy? 

A  No. But you can apply for coverage under a Primary Equine Liability policy to get underlying limts. Q Can I add an additional insured to this policy?  This policy provides equine personal excess liability insurance for the member. It does not allow for the  A 

addition of additional insureds. If needed, you can purchase Primary Equine Liability insurance for  owned horses on a primary basis and add an additional insured. 

Q What should I do if I think I have a claim? 

1. Immediately document all the details about the incident 2. Get the names and phone numbers of any witness(es) 3. Do not admit fault or make any monetary payment 4. Contact Equisure at 800- 752-2472.


bottom of page